Saturday 20 July 2024

It's July so it must be Tour de Fleece 2024

Team Spindler Tour de Fleece 2024



I am here again and in the same Team as last year - Team Spindlers over on Ravelry. What a fantastic Le Tour we are having this year. Some spectacular riding from Tadej Pogacar who is part of UAE Team Emirates and he looks set to win.

I had to join the race at stage 9 as we have been away looking after our grandson over the days that our second grandson was due and arrived. So exciting. 

I have been spinning some Norfolk Horn and Manx Loaghtan. My goals this year were practically the same as last and everything has been going well so far. 



Above is the Norfolk Horn I spun for last year's Tour which I am knitting up into the Binham Mitts by Fibre Workshop (who I bought this year's fibre from). The pattern is inspired by Binham Priory. It has such an interesting history which is "one of almost continuous scandal with many of its priors proving to be unscrupulous and irresponsible". Well I shall try to behave when wearing my mitts. 


As you can see I have been watching the race whilst spinning and we have been taken through some spectacular scenery this year. So beautiful and exciting for the riders and viewers.


I have been putting aside a little money periodically through the race and I used it to treat myself to the online race guide.



The Manx Loaghtan above is the 'try a new British Breeds fibre' goal I set myself. It is by Countess Ablaze and was part of The Odyssey Trail - Book Two and is called 'A Sweet Slumber Over the Suitors"


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails