Saturday 1 January 2022

Welcome the New Year 2022 - you have arrived bearing change ๐ŸŽ†

 Like Janus:

A quick look back and then a look forward

There were so many wonderful projects during 2021 and I wish I had recorded them more carefully as I finished them. However, these are a few that I enjoyed working on.

The Red Manor House Quilt was finished and now awaits the quilting process

I enjoyed taking part in the Royal School of Needlework Postcard from Home in 2020 and found it a beautiful piece to draw inspiration from during 2021

This was the year of redwork and I joined Dandelion Design's Mystery Quilt along for 2021/2 which is great fun and includes lots of extra sewing projects

Sew Sweet Violet's projects this year have been absolutely delightful

One of the 'extra' projects with Dandelion Designs was this cute Bee Skep embroidery

Dandelion Designs again and a really useful 'extra' was this thread holder

Caroline Loves To Sew had a gorgeous Autumn knit along with her new sock pattern

As always I made a pair of socks to be given to someone in a Marie Curie Hospital ward this Christmas and this was yarn especially dyed for the Flower Power Fund which organises the sock knitting

I loved the first Sew Sweet Violet tiny EPP project and couldn't resist a Christmas version

Then there was a gnome along with Imagined Landscapes - who knew making a mystery knitted gnome could be such fun!

I won the postcard from Mersea run by my quilting group Ladies Who Sew having based my design on the metal soldiers which stand in the mud flats by the Strood (the stretch of road joining the island to the mainland)

Another 'extra' from Dandelion Designs heavily improvised to make my flower a lilac fairy rather than a sunflower

Hallowe'en stitching is one of my favourite things to do.

Hands Across The Sea Samplers had a stitch along for Martha Dawson and this is tiny being stitched on  a 56/64 linen count fabric

Sew Sweet Violet's "St Nick Socks" was a gorgeous test knit for my lovely friend Jooles Hill 

Another Hands Across the Sea Sampler this time Ann Morison. It was a celebratory piece for a Canadian needlework shop

Then there were all the wonderful tiny kits from Nicki Franklin of The Stitchery and this beautiful needle/pin cushion was a delight to sew

From knitting to stitching and many crafts in-between it was a year of many different projects. I signed up for stitch alongs and knit alongs and had such fun working on them month by month. 

For me crafting is a panacea and it allowed me to push all the stresses of life away for a few hours each day so that my mind could function without being overloaded with worries.

Then looking forward to what I might make in 2022 I have to start with a year long project with Alice Caroline which will be a Liberty Fabric Alice in Wonderland Quilt. I can't wait to get started on it around March/April time. 
I might decide to hand sew my nine blocks for this stunning quilt - slow stitching might be just what the Doctor ordered this year!


Cross stitching is going to be working my way through wips as I have way too many and the same is true of knitting and other sewing. 

We may also be moving this year so that will seriously impact my making time. I only hope I can find time to sit down and relax with my crafting in 2022 what with our new Grandson, William, who arrived in October 2021 also being a most excellent distraction too!

I hope you have lots of plans for the year and that you have a joyful, peaceful and healthy year ahead. Happy New Year!

William my new Grandson wearing a cute hat made using a pattern given to me by my lovely friend Lisette 




1 comment:

Cornflower said...

You're always an inspiration, Teresa - may you have a wonderful, productive year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails