Sunday 20 July 2008

Vacation Knitting

denim bag

Well now there is the taxing question of what knitting projects to take on holiday. There is absolutely no point in trying to smuggle knitting onto an aeroplane for a 2 - 3 hour journey. So I am thinking of a small project whilst we are there.

The second thing to think about is where we are going: Italy. So it will be hot, hot, hot. That means I will not want some huge project draped over my lap. I am thinking the free gift that came with my Rowan subscription will be perfect. It is a small denim bag that is easy to knit and will not require very much concentration and will be easily done round the pool or during the car journey.

I am also thinking of a second project because I will get bored with only one. This will be a small drawstring pouch from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I am going to knit it in the Rowan Cashsoft DK I recently bought:

Rowan red

Well now that's sorted. Roll on holidays!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails